Thursday, January 5, 2017

Dying

Hello, human.


I hope you find this writing just in time of your needs.

About last week, I was quite into one song (or two..), it was John Frusciante - Dying. I found it randomly on Youtube. He is ex-guitarist of Red Hot Chilli Peppers, you must at least know the band, right? This song made me more melancholic than usual. Here is the link: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZpYuNMxFYA

Then, the universe brought me into one hell of coincidence. There was my friend laying comma in hospital. Got a stroke, some said. Finally, after having his ups and downs within a week, he died. I hope he died peacefully. I am sure he did.

So, the death made me thinking, contemplating. Sure, death happens anytime, anywhere. It is coming to anyone, without mercy. It is a very usual event. But, it felt so goddamn different when it happened to your relatives. I came to his grave, hours right after he was buried.

The feeling was something like this: 


He's only 6 feet below the surface. You can still sense his presence, his aura, somebody might say. It feels like you just stepped on his body--his leg, or arm. It doesn't feel right, but it is happening. So close, yet so far. 

And there goes my friend, one of the most kind and polite person I have ever know. The flashback began. I wasn't his close friend though, but we had have a quartet touring and it was enough for me to remember a person perfectly as he/she was.

Slowly, the feeling faded as I walked out the cemetery. I thought it was over until I looked back, and saw the view of a simple pathway in the middle of tombstones.

This is the real farewell. 
I made myself standing still for a second. I captured that view so that I could repeat the farewell. A pathway, asphalt one, decorated by bushes and trees, laying there in the middle of vast cemetery.

Farewell again, my kind Arief Nur Ihsan!


Then, I remember the song I have told you above. Maybe it feels right to be "sang" back there.


Quoting from John Frusciante's:

I'm going away, forever,I'm going away, forever,Never coming back this way,Never coming back to this place.What I need is a heaven,What I really need is a heaven,A place to go where I can really be,A place to go where I can really beWhere I can really be.Dreaming my life away, counts for nothing,Dreaming my life away, counts for nothing,But nothing ever is the end,No, nothing ever is the end.It's sure been a full life for me, babyIt's sure been a full life for me, yeahhIt's sure been a full life for me, baby, its sure been a full life for me

That's it, Dying.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, it's me!

    When I first read this post, this felt eerily similar to something I've written in 2017. Sharing the same sentiment of disbelief, upon how a person - a friend, in this case - can exist within your reach but suddenly gone the next second.

    Time is relative, but life is fleeting. Hence with every passing moment, I would like to thank you for reminding me of the love I have for writing.

    Thank you for this, I hope you'll eventually find the clearest answer to all of your confusions.

    Let's meet again in another plane existence!

    ReplyDelete